Blockchain technology has reached a popularity level that cannot be ignored. If in its early years cryptocurrency was ignored by traditional finance companies, today things have changed upside down. Today’s reality shows that institutions are actively joining the crypto sector, building a more mature and regulated infrastructure, and bringing new products into it. In this article, we will discuss how the increasing institutional crypto adoption will impact the crypto market and the prospects of further finance integration with crypto.
The Impact of Institutional Crypto Adoption
The influx of companies into the crypto space has caused the need for institutional services. It includes robust custodian solutions, advanced trading tools, algorithmic trading, OTC desks, market-making programs, liquidity pools, etc. In search of the best trading environment, institutions register on an institutional crypto platform where they feel safe to trade and keep assets. An example may be Binance or WhiteBIT exchanges. Having a crypto institutional account on these platforms, investors access all the tools for efficient trading and investment.
The more investors come to the crypto sector, the more they change its infrastructure:
- Having a background in traditional finance, institutions bring many investment products to the crypto space. For example, the first Bitcoin ETF was launched in 2021 – a major step in wider crypto adoption. The more institutions enter the crypto market, the more traditional-style tools they require, thus, they stimulate their development or create them themselves.
- Institutional involvement in crypto leads to market maturity. An increasing number of qualified investors stimulates the conversation on regulatory clarity, which in turn increases confidence in the crypto sector.
- Unlike retail traders, institutions’ activity is always under scrutiny, so when they come to the crypto market and register on an institutional crypto trading platform, they require a legal framework and reporting tools. Since the crypto market is highly volatile, it causes discussion in a regulatory environment.
Prospects of Institutional Trading of Crypto
What we see happening with the crypto industry today is a tipping point – institutions show they are serious about crypto:
- Banks offer crypto products, allowing clients to trade, lend, and borrow assets.
- Tech giants invest in Bitcoin
- Payment companies offer crypto transactions
- Hedge funds invest in digital assets.
It’s clear, that institutional involvement in crypto will fuel the further finance movement towards crypto-based solutions.
As more companies enter the crypto space, the need for regulations on crypto assets grows. Large industry players, together with lawmakers and regulations, contribute to wider crypto adoption, and in the next few years, we all will see the result of their cooperation.